CrossFit Heerlen is seeking a part time CrossFit Coach / Assistant Manager (20 hours per week) to join an established and growing CrossFit Box in Heerlen. This is an incredible opportunity to obtain a leadership role with an amazing CrossFit community.
The candidate should demonstrate excellent CrossFit coaching, leadership and managerial skills to effectively lead all operational aspects of the CrossFit box (with support and strategic guidance from the Owners / Head Coach). The CrossFit Coach / Assistant Manager will coach athletes of all levels, from beginners to advanced athletes. The Assistant Manager/Coach should easily connect with a wide variety of people and are effective in helping them reach their full potential. They are expected to be experts at recognizing and teaching CrossFit movements. He/she is involved with and well respected in the local CrossFit community.
Ability to deliver excellence to serve our community of members is required – first coach, then athlete. Expectations are high. We constantly pursuit excellence in everything we do.
- 3+ years of functional training as an athlete.
- 1+ year experience as a CrossFit coach.
- CrossFit L1, additional certifications desired (L2/Coaches Prep, Weightlifting, Gymnastics, Mobility, etc).
- Fitness Trainer A/B/NASM PT
- Outgoing, warm personality with a focus on professionalism.
- Highly desired: 1+ years General Manager/Manager experience.
- Proficiency in at least Dutch and English. German is a plus.
- Lead coaching group classes (target is coaching 15-20 CrossFit classes/week).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current athletes while also focusing on attracting new members and converting prospective members.
- Office hours to review programming, respond to emails from members and prospects, update membership management system, update website, assist with facility organization, attend/lead team meetings, work on projects, maintain member acquisition software and implement other initiatives under direction from the Owners.
- Develop robust social media presence and valuable internet content (blog).
- Assist Owners/Head Coach with managing team of 7 part time coaches.
- Develop new coaches in our internship program (in conjunction with Owner/Head Coach)
- Respond in a timely manner to membership inquiries, provide information about our program and membership options.
- Plan and facilitate community and promotional events on a monthly basis.
- Occasional private coaching sessions.
- Implement programs under direction of the Owners/Head Coach.
- Encouraged and challenged to assist development of new programs and services.
About CrossFit Heerlen
CrossFit Heerlen is one of the top CrossFit training facilities in the area. We are recognized for the high quality of our coaching and we constantly strive for operational excellence. We opened in January 2016 and have ~300 awesome members and have received many positive reviews as one of the best CrossFit boxes. Our coaching staff possesses experience and education – 7 coaches with at least 2 credentials (CrossFit and Dutch Weightlifting Association) – around health and fitness and a CrossFit Kids Registered Program (including Teens). In addition, we provide an inspiring and fun work environment.
Position Benefits Include
- Competitive Salary (more than the fitness industry standard)
- Holiday Bonus 8%
- Paid insurance (social security: WW and WAO)
- More earning opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Benefits (free unlimited membership, free seminars and events, discounts, etc)
- Gym sponsored continuing education opportunities
- Regular team building activities
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and explaining why you would like to become part of our great team.